Happy Friday! The weekend is here. Enjoy a Friday off if you are so lucky or at least sneak out of the office early to enjoy what should be a beautiful day.
The Chiefs are back in action this weekend against the Las Vegas Raiders. Kansas State will try to remain unbeaten in the Big 12. Missouri has the shortest road trip in the history of their football program.
No local games
No local games
GREGG MARSHALL IS UNDER INVESTIGATION AT WICHITA STATE
CJ Moore and Dana O’Neil of The Athletic are reporting that Wichita State head men’s basketball coach Gregg Marshall is being investigated by the university for allegations of misconduct.
Current and past basketball players were interviewed by the school about what they experienced while in the program.
The investigation started after seven players chose to leave the program last spring.
CHIEFS NEWS AND NOTES
- Las Vegas Raiders’ coach Jon Gruden said that the Chiefs are 4-0 for the fourth consecutive season largely because of their defense. Gruden said that he gives DC Steve Spagnuolo credit for their play. He said, “You have no idea what he’s going to come up with next.”
- The Chiefs signed WR Marcus Kemp to the practice squad. Kemp was waived earlier this week when Bashaud Breeland returned from his four-game suspension.
- DE Mike Danna was the only Chiefs’ player who didn’t practice on Thursday. There was no word on how much Chris Jones practiced or whether or not he will be able to play on Sunday. Jones missed the game on Monday against the Patriots.
NATIONAL NEWS AND NOTES
- The MLB qualifying offer this offseason was set at $18.9 million. The qualifying offer must be made by a team and rejected by a player in order for the team to receive draft pick compensation for a free agent. If the player accepts the qualifying offer he will receive a one-year, $18.9 million contract for 2021. The qualifying offer last offseason was $17.8 million.
- The NFL is reportedly moving some games this weekend because of positive COVID tests. The Tennessee Titans game against the Buffalo Bills is reportedly being moved to Tuesday. The Chiefs play the Bills a week from Sunday so they will catch the Bills on shorter-than-expected rest. The Denver Broncos game against the New England Patriots is reportedly being moved to Monday. These changes have not been confirmed yet by the NFL.
Thanks for reading…