Welcome to today’s Dr. Feelgood!
Monday night started off nervous for Chiefs fans. Their team was playing a road game against a team they were told is better than the Chiefs, against a quarterback they were told is better than Patrick Mahomes. And then the game started and Chiefs fans could exhale and enjoy the “experts” eating their words in a complete domination by the Kansas City football team.
Chiefs 34, Ravens 20
CHIEFS OFFENSE TOYS WITH RAVENS IN 34-20 ROUT
It’s absolutely ridiculous how good Patrick Mahomes is at playing the quarterback position. I have talked time and time again about Mahomes being the best quarterback in the history of the league and Monday night showed why I say that.
The Chiefs fell behind 3-0 on the Ravens’ first possession but that was actually a good outcome from that drive. The Ravens marched down the field for what appeared to be a certain touchdown and the beginning of a nervous night for some Chiefs fans. But the defense held Baltimore to a field goal. It was just 3-0. The Chiefs had weathered the storm.
And then it was on like Donkey Kong. Patrick Mahomes led the Chiefs 75 yards in just six plays and the Chiefs were on top.
The Chiefs went on to embarrass the Baltimore defense in the first half. You just had to laugh at what Andy Reid’s play-calling was doing to this quality defense.
It wasn’t just the Chiefs’ offense. Their defense controlled the Ravens’ offense after the first possession.
It’s time for people to stop trying to compare Lamar Jackson to Patrick Mahomes. Hopefully this game showed everyone that those two quarterbacks are not even close.
The win was a big one for the Chiefs. They improved to 3-0 and have tiebreakers over Houston and Baltimore.
- Patrick Mahomes became the fastest quarterback to pass for 10,000 yards with a completion in the first quarter. Mahomes did it in his 34th game. Kurt Warner had the previous record in his 36th game.
- RG Andrew Wylie missed the game because he was in a Baltimore hospital with what was thought to be possible appendicitis. It turned out not to be that.
LOCAL NEWS AND NOTES
- Royals GM Dayton More said that the team expects Rusty Kuntz to be on the coaching staff in 2021. The rest of Mike Matheny’s coaching staff is expected to remain the same. It’s not clear what role Rusty will fill in the staff.
- Adalberto Mondesi was named the American League Player of the Week for last week. Mondesi was 16-for-26 at the plate last week.
- Kansas’ loss at Baylor on Saturday was the 50th consecutive Big 12 road loss for the Jayhawks.
- Les Miles said that the quarterback competition will likely continue between Miles Kendrick, Thomas MacVittie and Jalon Daniels.
NATIONAL NEWS AND NOTES
- Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said that Nick Foles will be the starting quarterback going forward.
Thanks for reading…