Alex Gordon announced his retirement from baseball after 14 seasons with the Royals. I’ll talk about his career and what this does to the Royals’ roster in 2021.
The Pac 12 is going to play football this fall after all. I’ll explain how that will work and explain why the number of games they play shouldn’t prevent them from being in a playoff.
The Chiefs play the Ravens on Monday night to determine the top seed in the AFC. I’ll talk a little about the game and explain why I think the Chiefs’ schedule this season has prepared them for this game.
I’m Bob Sloop. It’s Thursday, September 24, 2020. I’ll discuss those stories and more in this episode of the Kansas City Sports Monitor.
In this episode I discuss the following:
- Alex Gordon announced his retirement after 14 seasons and a World Series championship.
- The Pac 12 is going to play football this fall after all.
- A waiver was filed with the NCAA to eliminate bowl eligibility requirements this season.
- The Chiefs might be playing their most important regular-season game Monday night against the Ravens.
- The Chargers’ team doctor injured Tyrod Taylor prior to last week’s game against the Chiefs.
- The Chiefs took two out of three games against the Cardinals this week and head into their final series of the season.
- Major League Baseball announced an official partnership with the Atlantic League.
- Missouri plays its first game this weekend. What are the expectations for the Tigers this season?
- Kansas great running back Gale Sayers passed away this week.
- Kansas travels to Baylor this weekend.
- Kansas State travels to Norman, Oklahoma to play the Sooners.
- Sporting lost again and Matt Besler was benched.
The Kansas City Sports Monitor is news and analysis for the thinking fan. It is informative and entertaining without being outrageous.