Sporting didn’t look great but they won their group and advance to the knockout stage of the MLS Is Back tournament in Orlando. I’ll talk about how the team has looked so far in the tournament.
The Royals started their season in Cleveland on Friday. Danny Duffy got the first start of the season but Brady Singer was better in game two. I’ll take a look at the first two games and talk about my frustration with “pitch framing” and how it has hurt the Royals so far. I’ll also talk about the new 10th inning rule for 2020 and why I like it.
And this might be the only time I ever discuss the WNBA. I’ll tell you what dumb thing they did recently.
I’m Bob Sloop. It’s Saturday, July 25, 2020. I’ll discuss those stories and more in this episode of the Kansas City Sports Monitor.
In this episode I discuss the following:
- Sporting won its group and advanced to the knockout stage of the MLS Is Back tournament.
- Brady Singer looked good in his major league debut.
- Pitch framing is a joke. I don’t care what the analytics people say.
- The 10th inning rule for 2020 should be extended into the future.
- The Chiefs could have cap problems in 2021 if the salary cap is really as low as $175 million. I don’t think that will happen.
- The number of MLB playoff teams was increased to 16 for 2020.
- Missouri had three players pull out of the NBA draft and return to school.
The Kansas City Sports Monitor is news and analysis for the thinking fan. It is informative and entertaining without being outrageous.