The Royals only had six picks in this year’s draft but they got the best pitcher in the draft according to most people. Would they benefit from a five-round draft every year? I’ll explain why I like this draft format for the Royals.
The NCAA Committee on Infractions recently referred Kansas’ case to the new Independent Accountability Resolution Process. Kansas agreed with the move, sort of. I’ll talk about why this is might be a good move for Kansas but why fans are fooling themselves if they think the Jayhawks will escape without penalties.
The MLS will start soon in Orlando. I will explain how it’s going to work and why this might be a great way for the league to open every season.
If you are like me and can’t stand watching Angel Hernandez umpire a baseball game, you will want to hear the latest news on him.
I’m Bob Sloop. It’s Friday, June 12, 2020. I’ll discuss those stories and more in this episode of the Kansas City Sports Monitor.
In this episode I discuss the following:
- The Royals drafted the best pitcher in the 2020 draft.
- The MLB draft was just five rounds this year and that’s a good thing for the Royals.
- The Kansas case with the NCAA was referred to the new IARP.
- Kansas settled its dispute with former football coach David Beaty.
- NASCAR is going to start letting fans attend races but they can’t wave the confederate flag.
- The MLS tournament in Orlando starts in less than a month.
- The state of Florida passed a law allowing college athletes to earn endorsement money.
- MLB umpire Angel Hernandez is at it again.
The Kansas City Sports Monitor is news and analysis for the thinking fan. It is informative and entertaining without being outrageous.