The Chiefs continued working on their roster for the 2020 season and Thursday we will find out their schedule. We also got the details on when Kansas and Missouri will play football again. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Sports could be on the horizon. Hang in there. It’s coming.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– The Chiefs exercised their fifth-year option on Patrick Mahomes’ contract. The deadline to do so was May 3. The Chiefs still intend on signing Mahomes to a long-term deal.
– The Chiefs signed DL Taco Charlton. Carlton was drafted in the first round of the 2017 draft.
– The Chiefs agreed to terms with former Michigan QB Shea Patterson.
IN THE NEWS…
– The 2020 NFL schedule will be released at 7pm on Thursday.
– Missouri and Kansas will play a four game football series starting in Columbia in 2025. They will play at Kansas in 2026. The series will then wait until 2031 when it returns to Columbia with the final game at Kansas in 2032.
– NASCAR announced that they will return to racing in May. They will hold seven races in 11 days.
– The NFL will not have any international games in 2020.
– The Cincinnati Bengals released QB Andy Dalton. The move clears $17.7 million of cap space. They drafted QB Joe Burrow with the first pick in the NFL draft. The Dallas Cowboys signed Dalton as a backup to Dak Prescott.
– Little League Baseball canceled the 2020 Little League World Series.
– The MLB Umpires Association accepted MLB’s final proposal on working terms for the 2020 season. The deal includes salaries prorated based on the number of games played, reductions in guaranteed postseason bonuses and reduced per diem’s.
– Major League Soccer will allow individual player workouts at team facilities beginning May 6.
– Louisville reportedly received a notice of allegations from the NCAA related to the college basketball FBI investigation.
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
Thanks for reading…