Welcome to the Kansas City Sports Monitor. I’m Bob Sloop. It’s Thursday, April 30, 2020. In this episode, I discussed the latest Chiefs transactions, NCAA movement on the name, image, and likeness issue, the latest rumors about the start of the Major League Baseball season, the restart of the NASCAR season and more. Thanks for joining me for this episode of the Kansas City Sports Monitor.
In this episode I discuss the following:
- The Chiefs released a punter and quarterback and extended an MVP.
- Amazon renewed its contract with the NFL.
- Kansas and Kansas State coaches are taking pay cuts.
- The NCAA is moving closer to allowing name, image and likeness earnings for student-athletes.
- Another trial balloon was floated about how MLB would start its season.
- NASCAR set its restart date and will do so with a unique schedule.
The Kansas City Sports Monitor is news and analysis for the thinking fan. It is informative and entertaining without being outrageous.