The Chiefs have released a couple of players since the draft to clear cap space. The Chiefs had the least amount of cap space before the draft. Kansas coaches are giving up some of their salaries to help the athletic department. A Missouri basketball player announced the school to where he is transferring and another top prospect is going to the G-League.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– The Chiefs released QB Kyle Shurmur. That leaves them with Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne, and Jordan Ta’amu at quarterback.
– The Chiefs released P Dustin Colquitt. The move saves the Chiefs $2 million against the cap.
– Bill Self, Les Miles and Athletic Director Jeff Long are taking a 10% pay cut for six months starting May 1. The athletic department will save $500,000 from the reduced salaries.
– Former Missouri forward Tray Jackson is transferring to Seton Hall.
IN THE NEWS…
– Five-star point guard Daishen Nix is skipping college to join the G-League. He was committed to UCLA. That’s not the top college prospects who will be skipping college in favor of making money in the NBA’s developmental league.
PODCAST: Sunday’s podcast was a review of the Chiefs’ 2020 draft. I reviewed each pick and gave my analysis. I also talked about MLB’s report on the Red Sox cheating scandal and a lawsuit against MLB for not refunding ticket money for postponed games.
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
Thanks for reading…