Chiefs GM Brett Veach talked today abut both Patrick Mahomes and Chris Jones. Five Missouri coaches are taking temporary pay cuts to help with expenses. The G-League is looking to attract the best talent coming out of high school.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– Brett Veach said that Patrick Mahomes will be a Chief for a long time. He doesn’t know when a contract will get done but Mahomes is a priority for the club.
– Brett Veach said that the team is trying to work out a deal with Chris Jones. He said that the deadline to get a deal done is July 15.
– Eliah Drinkwitz, Cuonzo Martin and other coaches at the University of Missouri volunteered to take a 10% temporary pay cut to help the school with expenses during the current pandemic. The cuts will take place for May, June, and July. Athletic Director Jim Sterk is also taking a temporary pay cut.
IN THE NEWS…
– Jalen Green is signing a G-League contract worth around $500,000 instead of attending college. Green is one of the top high school seniors. He was going to attend Memphis before deciding to go to the G-League.
– The University of Cincinnati shut down its men’s soccer program on Tuesday.
PODCAST: In the Thursday episode, I discussed the effect the Wuhan Chinese coronavirus is having on the sports world this week, the G-League’s attempt to sign the best players away from college basketball and more. Listen wherever you get your podcasts.
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
Thanks for reading…