The Chiefs reached an agreement with a much-needed cornerback from last season’s Super Bowl team. There are reports of a big college football series for local schools. And college football people expect to have a season one way or another this season.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– The Chiefs agreed on a one-year contract with RB DeAndre Washington. Washington played at Texas Tech with Patrick Mahomes.
– The Chiefs agreed on a one-year, $4.6 million contract with CB Bashaud Breeland.
IN THE NEWS…
– There are reports saying that Missouri and Kansas are closing in on an agreement on a four-game series in football. No details were provided as to where or when the games will be played.
– Big 12 administrators are taking a 10% pay cut and all bonuses were eliminated during the shutdown. Kansas and Kansas State should receive revenue similar to what they have received in the past because of reserves the conference has and money earned by Oklahoma in the College Football Playoff.
– Adam Schefter has talked with people in and around college football and there is a “strong conviction” that there will be college football this season.
PODCAST: Thursday’s podcast led off with the news that Missouri and Kansas might be close to a four-game college football agreement. I also discussed the Chiefs’ moves and the rest of the news over the past week.
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
Thanks for reading…