Welcome to the Kansas City Sports Monitor. I’m Bob Sloop. It’s Sunday, April 5, 2020. In this episode, I discussed President Trump’s meeting with several league commissioners, Chiefs news this week, college sports news and more. Thanks for joining me for this episode of the Kansas City Sports Monitor.
In this episode I discuss the following:
- President Trump met with several league commissioners to discuss them getting back to playing games.
- The Chiefs agreed to a new contract with WR Sammy Watkins and free agent TE Ricky Seals-Jones.
- Aldon Smith is back in the NFL.
- Marcus Garrett was named the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year.
- Missouri has three underclassmen declaring for the NBA draft.
- Cartier Diarra found a new home.
- Pac 12 commissioner Larry Scott said the end of May is an approximate deadline for determining how college football will proceed this fall.
- Spring student-athletes will receive an extra year of eligibility.
- MLB is considering starting the season without fans.
- The annual Big Slick charity event was canceled.
The Kansas City Sports Monitor is news and analysis for the thinking fan. It is informative and entertaining without being outrageous.