The Chiefs are bringing back a couple of their own. Trevor Lawrence got in trouble but cleared in the same day. Thor is having surgery. The Olympics are moving. And Cam Newton is moving on.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– The Chiefs reached an agreement with DT Mike Pennel on a one-year contract.
– The Chiefs signed FB Anthony Sherman to a one-year contract.
IN THE NEWS…
– Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence and his girlfriend started a GoFundMe page to help victims of the Wuhan Chinese coronavirus but it was shut down by the Clemson compliance staff because it violated the NCAA rules. The NCAA released a statement that they did not ask Trevor to take down his fundraiser and that they are working with schools to make sure students-athletes are supported and that they applaud Trevor for his efforts. The NCAA then cleared Trevor to raise money.
– Noah Syndergaard has a torn UCL. He will have Tommy John surgery and isn’t expected back until the summer of 2021.
– The summer Olympics in Tokyo were pushed back to 2021.
– The Carolina Panthers released QB Cam Newton. The Panthers attempted to trade Newton but couldn’t work out a deal.
PODCAST: The Thursday night podcast was a lot about football. Free agency started this week and so far the Chiefs have been quiet. What might they do in the next week or two?
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
STAY INFORMED: If you haven’t already signed up for email updates please consider it. I would like to keep you informed of all of the latest changes.
Thanks for reading…