We got details on one quarterback the Chiefs reached a contract agreement with recently. We received word that the Chiefs also agreed with an XFL quarterback. The Olympics appear close to being pushed back until 2021. And there is a lot more where that comes from.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– The Chiefs’ contract with backup QB Chad Henne is a two-year, $3.25 million deal.
– The Chiefs agreed on a contract with XFL QB Jordan Ta’amu. Ta’amu is the fourth quarterback on the Chiefs’ roster.
– Udoka Azubuike was named to the USBWA first team. Devon Dotson was named to the second team.
– Tray Jackson is expected to transfer after playing his freshman season for Cuonzo Martin. The transfer gives Missouri two open scholarships. Jackson is the sixth player Cuonzo Martin has signed that has left the program and none have remained at major programs.
– Former Missouri head football coach Woody Widenhofer passed away.
IN THE NEWS…
– The 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed, likely to 2021.
– The Chicago Bears agreed on a one-year contract with former Chiefs S Jordan Lucas.
– The Las Vegas Raiders agreed with QB Marcus Mariota on a two-year, $17.6 million contract.
– USA Swimming and USA Track & Field have both requested that the summer Olympics in Tokyo this year be pushed back to 2021.
– The Carolina Panthers reaches an agreement with XFL QB PJ Walker. Walker played for the Houston Roughnecks.
– The New England Patriots released K Stephen Gostkowski.
PODCAST: The Sunday podcast had a little Chiefs and NFL coverage, a little bit about Tray Jackson leaving Missouri, and a comparison between the 2008 and 2020 Kansas basketball teams.
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
STAY INFORMED: If you haven’t already signed up for email updates please consider it. I would like to keep you informed of all of the latest changes.
Thanks for reading…