The Chiefs finally dipped their toe into the free agent waters and came out with a couple of players who were with the New York Giants last season. Neither will play large roles on the offense or defense but could be big on special teams and as a backup on offense.
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– The Chiefs agreed with CB Antonio Hamilton to a one-year contract. He reportedly had offers for more money with other teams. Hamilton could be most valuable to the Chiefs on special teams. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Oakland Raiders. He spent the past two seasons with the New York Giants. Last season he played in all 16 games but started just two. Hamilton attended college at South Carolina State.
– The Chiefs also agreed on a one-year contract with OL Mike Remmers. Remmers has played for six teams in his eight year career. He played last season with the New York Giants and started all 14 games in which he played. He can play anywhere long the offensive line, making him a nice, experienced backup for the Chiefs. Remmers attended college at Oregon State.
IN THE NEWS…
– Tom Brady signed a two-year, $50 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The contract includes $4.5 million per year in incentives and prohibits tags and trades.
– The Denver Broncos agreed on a contract with Melvin Gordon on a two-year, $16 million contract with $13.5 million guaranteed.
– The New Orleans Saints agreed on a two-year, $16 million contract with WR Emmanuel Sanders.
– The Dallas Cowboys agreed on a contract with CB Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
– The Atlanta Falcons agreed on a one-year, $5 million contract with RB Todd Gurley. Gurley was released by the Rams on Thursday to avoid passing him an additional $10.5 million.
PODCAST: The Thursday night podcast was a lot about football. Free agency started this week and so far the Chiefs have been quiet. What might they do in the next week or two?
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
STAY INFORMED: If you haven’t already signed up for email updates please consider it. I would like to keep you informed of all of the latest changes.
Thanks for reading…