The Chiefs lost a couple of players from last season to free agency. Udoka Azubuike is up for the best player in college basketball. Tom Brady is leaving the Patriots. It was another big day of NFL news. Enjoy!
Here is your daily Dr. Feelgood…
– CB Kendall Fuller agreed to a free agent deal with the Washington Redskins. The Chiefs acquired Fuller from the Redskins in the Alex Smith trade.
– DE Emmanuel Ogbah agreed with the Miami Dolphins on a two-year, $15 million contract with $7.5 million guaranteed.
– Udoka Azubuike was named as a finalist for the Naismith Trophy which is given to the best college basketball player of the season. The other finalists are Luka Garza (Iowa), Myles Powell (Seton Hall), Payton Pritchard (Oregon) and Obi Toppin (Dayton).
IN THE NEWS…
– The Tampa Bay Buccaneers agreed with QB Tom Brady on a contract.
– The Indianapolis Colts agreed with Philip Rivers to a one-year, $25 million contract.
– The Carolina Panthers have given QB Cam Newton permission to seek a trade. The Panthers agreed with QB Teddy Bridgewater on a three-year, $63 million contract.
– The Dallas Cowboys agreed to a five-year, $100 million contract with Amari Cooper.
– The Oakland Raiders agreed with TE Jason Witten on a one-year, $4.75 million contract.
– Former Missouri QB Chase Daniel reached an agreement on a three-year, $13.05 million contract with the Detroit Lions.
– The ACC and SEC cancelled all sports for the rest of the school year.
– A second New York Yankees minor league player tasted positive for the Wuhan Chinese coronavirus.
– Four New Jersey Nets players, including Kevin Durant, have tested positive for the Wuhan Chinese coronavirus.
– Major League Baseball said Tuesday that each team will commit $1 million to help pay game day workers hurt by the delay to the season.
– The PGA Championship was postponed on Tuesday.
PODCAST: The Sunday podcast got back to sports quicker than anything you might have heard on the radio. I won’t preach about how you should live your life. So give it a listen and look forward to the Thursday podcast where I will talk about NFL free agency.
DROP ME A NOTE: Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @KCSportsMonitor. I would love to hear from you. Send me your comments and questions and I might include them in a future column or podcast. Also, if you have an event in the Kansas City area that you would like to have mentioned in a future column please let me know and I would be glad to include it.
STAY INFORMED: If you haven’t already signed up for email updates please consider it. I would like to keep you informed of all of the latest changes.
Thanks for reading…